Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I guess it must be true . . .

So today I went to pick my son up from the place he's been staying for a couple of days so I could gather my thoughts and reduce some of my stress.  The told me when I picked him up that he was an absolute joy and so sweet and that I could bring him back anytime.  I then proceeded to go to a parenting consultation to talk about normal child development and have her monitor my son's and I interactions with each other.  She also said that my son was adorable, sweet, and seemed to be very normal for his age and that I was doing a fabulous job as a mother.  So I guess it's really true, I'm not a bad mom.  In fact I'm a fabulous mom based on the opinions of complete strangers who have no reason to tell me otherwise.  Actually, they even have to tell me if I'm doing a bad job based on legal obligations.  I just need to surround myself by only people that support this thought.  It has been a good day. 

On another note, his dad claims that he's gonna take him tomorrow night and Friday during the day.  Stay tuned to see if this goes peacefully or not . . .

1 comment: